Washington University School of Medicine Rövid összefoglaló Good glycemic control in individuals with Type 1 diabetes T1Dhas been proven to reduce the risk of diabetes-related complications. Despite technological advances such as the use of insulin delivery devices and continuous glucose monitoring, the average glycemic control in T1D is poor. Though dietary management plays a major role in the overall management of T1D, and it is often classified as the most challenging aspect of treatment, the Standards of Medical Care in Diabetes for children and adolescents do not clearly address dietary management.
As carbohydrate is the macronutrient with the greatest impact on blood glucose, it is reasonable to suggest that carbohydrate reduction will minimize postprandial glucose excursions and improve diabetes control.
For this reason, low carbohydrate diets LCD have gained popularity, and observational studies report positive glycemic outcomes. However, to date, scientific evidence from randomized trials on the impact of LCD in children with T1D is lacking.
- Őrölt fahéj
- Meditáció a cukorbetegség kezelésére
- Additionaly you can access Glycemic Load and carbohydrates contents in foods.
- Inzulinrezisztencia gyógynövény
- Lefordítod a leírást magyar Magyarország nyelvre a Google Fordító segítségével?
- Összefoglalás A glykaemiás index fogalmát jó 15 évvel ezelött vezették be a klinikai gyakorlatba.
- Johns Hopkins Medicine Summary: People with pre-diabetes who lose roughly 10 percent of their body weight within six months of diagnosis dramatically reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes over the next three years, according to new research.
Thus, the over-arching goal of this pilot study is to evaluate the feasibility and safety of a low carbohydrate diet in children with T1D, and as an exploratory aim, we will evaluate the efficacy of LCD on glycemic control.
Participants will be asked to attend a total of 5 visits 4 in person and 1 phone visit during the 6 month-duration of the study.
During the screening visit, participants will be assessed by a dietitian to categorize their existing dietary regimen before randomization to either the LCD or the standard diet. In addition, participant's insulin regimen either pump settings or multiple dose insulin injection therapy diet for diabetes control be reviewed for insulin dose adjustments as needed over a 2 week-period. Átfogó állapot.